As part of the ongoing Can Do Empowerment Programme in the UK an interactive session was held with local practitioners on Asset Based approaches to Empowerment where the following key principles were developed.
- Relationships are critical and really matter, especially when connecting and mobilising identified assets.
- It is important to start with strengths as well as examples of what works. This helps to inspire and motivate people
- It is essential to work with the whole community and not just parts of it. This we called placed based working.
- Always make sure everything is citizen led. Identifying and working with people who act as Community Builders, Community Organisers and Community Connectors.
- Make the focus of your work that of Social Justice. Everyone must have a voice and be heard. Make sure there is space for those people who are most marginalised and bring them to the centre of everything you do.
View original post 52 more words